Our private syndicate is a flexible and tax efficient structure designed to facilitate the purchase of business premises and other investment properties.
It lets a group of connected parties or associated investors, to include SIPP or SSAS pension schemes, that combine resources to buy a property investment through a tax transparent, special purpose vehicle.
- Each investor has control of their share of the asset
- A single loan secured as non-recourse debt can be agreed at the syndicate level rather than against individuals
- Investors cannot lose more than their original investment
- The syndicate allows a broad base of investor participation, which can also reduce the requirement for debt
- For self-invested pension investors borrowing at a syndicate level offers greater flexibility than borrowing against the pension scheme
Tax transparent structure
- Investors receive gross rental income, net of costs
Does not create a collective investment scheme
- These syndicates do not constitute a collective investment scheme and therefore are not subject to the Financial Conduct Authority
- Custodian Capital is a professional property manager
- Each investor can adjust their percentage ownership
- Investors can transfer ownership to their pension scheme through in specie pension contributions
- Selling some or all of the investor’s ownership to another party does not impact on the loan or other investors
For more information about our property syndicate structure, download our brochure.